Thursday, January 22, 2009

wIReS

Wires

I move like pistoned drivers
Pounding the high rail skywires
With superfoil lightning
Skimming over skyscraper overpasses
To avoid Central City traffic
Bypassing the sub-city deluge that
Suffers the dregs of close quarter suffocation

When I reach the narrow patchwork
Of multi-current cable stations, I switchback
To Tri-gears, slowly, to speed my ascent
Magnetized momentum they call it -
Supersonic nightmares,
Always follow, but who can question
The sensation of flight at the cost of ten G's
Showering my Kisco contours

UBC steering kicks in, and my cortex responds
With firewire reflexes, synthetic synapses
Compiling directional data in silicon flashes

Triad Corp jacked me up good
But the version is as old as I am, so I feel
Tripsters hacking past me with the gem stuff
Freezing neon cables before I even
See them, rather sense them

The light show blisters into 100bit brilliance
Drawing saline from my dry ducts, every time
I cross the threshold, into Heavenhood
And descend rapidly through cumulative aromas
Of old town ethnicities - Curry Corner
And the Seven Seas, My home

And as I channel surf the Bark and succumb
To urban progressions - I can already hear
Mrs. Coolridges heartwarming histrionics
When I dock, waiting with a warm bowl of Teriyaki
Sushi and some purge cords behind her back

Home is where the hardwire ends.

No comments:

Post a Comment