Sunday, January 18, 2009

WELCOME!

Hello, All!

My name is Jose Holder and I'll be your guide into the mad musings of Holderology : The Science Of Word. Okay, actually, this will be a home for displaying my written works, with a clear emphasis on poetry. But you've got to admit, Holderology sounds cooler.

Basically, this branch of undiscovered science was created to highlight my literary side. And for those of you familiar with the artistic exploits of my alter ego "JohJames", he, or rather we, will still be creating pics for the masses. We'll just be wearing separate hats from here on out. He takes up too much room at home as it is. Time to hit the skids, Junior!

Poetry, short stories, and the occasional script have taken a front seat in my life, and I felt it was high time I share a little science with anyone who'll listen. It, that is to say "writing", challenges me in ways perspective and anatomy never could, and I welcome the chance to flex my fingers and pour some prose onto the Net at large. Writing fulfills a part of me creatively that serves to expand the boundaries of who I am, and ultimately, where I'm going as an artist and as a human being. It's more than a cathartic path to enlightenment. It's an expression of my metamorphosis, my unraveling of self and self thought, a record of my single-minded progression into freedom. Freedom from labels. Freedom from self-doubt. From self-made purgatories and from the ego itself. I've spent a lifetime stripping my world of expectations, of labels, and hunger for material growth. Now I'm ready to create from a place of stillness. Now I write from silence.

This is an exercise in ego exorcism. This is the science of my word.

This is Holderolgy.

2 comments: