Wednesday, March 25, 2009

CODES AND CODEX

Codes and Codex


Fluorescent flowers on a broken hill

Acid rain pellets on the corrugation

My shorted simware and shredded flack is dripping velvet on the linoleum

Saidye stitches steel like a Bonavista ironsmith

And smells like silver licorice, and oilsand. God, she’s beautiful

Severed links and several reboots later

I dive into a bowl of spicy Ramen and remember

To check in with Hazel


Regret and guilt-speak are always soon to follow
Embedded in a cacophonous series of clicks
And mice
(moms always know which buttons to press, don’t they?)

Five yards of router cable to fold before
Water touches my skin, and I’m purged again
Saidye amuses me with Catskill humour and Broadway stills
A symbol of her affection

I still see the sun over the Ivory Coast and wonder

How many weeks it’s been since I last saw the stars

Guillaume yelps a sorrowful goodbye

And wags his furry ass as he disappears for the night

One last M.O.S. diagnostic
3 sips of merlot
and 20 kilos for the Zaphrum later

I dream

Of big league hackers and towers of frozen secrets
Black silk on the brain.

No comments:

Post a Comment